Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Personal Update for September

READING

I picked up Violet Dawn by Brandilyn Collins this weekend.  I’ll blog about it later this month.  I’m really enjoying it so far.  I’m also reading Something That Lasts by James David Jordan.  I’ll be blogging about that one next month.

 

WRITING

I’m working on The Sound of His Voice.  I’d like to finish the book by the middle of next month, so that I can participate in the national novel writing month in November.  I plan to write The Breeding Ground that month.  I already have the full outline and character sketches ready, so I think I can pull off the writing that month, even though the book looks to be close to a thousand pages, which is really a lot for me.

 

I have some short stories out right now, but not as many as I should.  I need to get some more out to publishers. 

 

PERSONAL

This is a busy month for our family.  3 of my 4 kids are playing soccer, each in a different league.  I’m coaching one of the teams.  I’m also coaching my son’s flag football team. 

 

WORK

We’re off to a pretty good school year.  I like my classes and hope that things keep going as well as they have the first three weeks.  I’m already loaded down with essays and am trying to keep my head above water on the grading, which often cuts into my own personal writing time. 

 

Also, I’m heading into my third interview for teaching at Indiana Wesleyan.  This is the final phase, so hopefully I’ll be teaching for them in the near future.

 

REFLECTION

“All things work together for good for them that love the Lord.”  That has always been one of my favorite verses and I try to keep that in mind as I get bogged down in the daily grind.  I pray that I am doing the things according to God’s will and I pray the same thing for you.  God bless.

No comments: