Monday, August 18, 2008

CBN Interview with Ted Dekkar

Can you tell I'm enjoying YouTube and GodTube? In continuing my study of other Christian writers and how they do what they do, I came across a CBN interview with Ted Dekkar. I think the interview aired last year, but there is still a lot there. Dekkar talks about why he writes about such topics and he answers his critics that say he is too edgy for Christian fiction. Let's get a good discussion going, so let me know what you think after watching the video.

2 comments:

J.J. Hebert said...

"When I sit down to write a novel, I am exploring my own relationship with God ... my own purpose." -Ted Dekker

That's good stuff!

Stonefox said...

I thought this was very interesting as an overseas cross culture worker myself. I have not read any of his work (I can't get it where I live), but I do agree that we have to be culturally relevant and darkness is relevant to us ALL. That is why Jesus is so great.