Friday, November 03, 2006

Nanowrimo

National Novel Writing Month has begun and I’m off to a running start.  I have 8260 words in 3 days, so I’m quickly out of the gates.  I already feel myself wanting to put on the brakes and analyze what is going on in the story, but I can’t do that.  I think that’s the nice thing about Nanowrimo.  I have a measure of accountability, so I’m pressing on.  The only thing that matters are the words on the page.  I can go back and better structure things later.  Right now, I’m getting the story down and I’m letting the characters have total control, which is the best way to approach a novel.  If I keep up this pace, I’ll have over 80000 words by the end of the month.  I’ll probably fizzle out by the end of the month, but so far, so good.  Pray that I can succeed.

 

I went to the school play of The Odd Couple last night.  It was very good.  The actors were excellent.

No comments: