Friday, November 10, 2006

Nanowritmo Story Evolving

There’s a lot going on right now.  National Novel Writing Month is in full swing.  Right now I have 11,243 words.  I thought I knew what the story was about, but I’m giving the characters full reign over the story, so they are taking me to places I didn’t expect and the theme of the novel is slowly changing.  It was about a girl with a brain tumor going for one last trip with her friends to the beach and she falls in love with a guy.  But the friends in the story have put such a focus on hooking-up, that the girl’s vow of chastity and the boy’s manhood are both being challenged.  I think the novel may now be about standing strong in the midst of sin.  I don’t know.  All that matters for this is the word count, so we’ll see where the story ends up.  By nature I’m a seat-of-the-pants writer anyway, so this has been a lot of fun.

 

 

No comments: